Where is the love? Visit Santa Ynez Valley knows that after the new year begins, you quickly get back into the grind and tackle the new year with a ferocity. With new year goals and new deadlines fast approaching, it’s easy to get lost in work and obligations. But now that you’ve settled back into a daily routine and life per usual, isn’t it time to think about the love again? You and your loved one put a lot of effort into making things great on the homefront and the workplace, so now it’s time to do the same for just the two of you. Come celebrate the good life and find the love again this February with a romantic weekend getaway in Santa Ynez.
We’ve taken out the guesswork for you and have the sweetest recommendations in store – from accommodations, cozy dinners for two, and a lineup of great special events, we have you covered. First, you’ll need to book a room in one of our cozy Santa Ynez Valley hotels or bed and breakfast inns. Built in the traditional style of a Danish village, the Royal Copenhagen Inn in Solvang will have you believing you have traveled to Denmark. Its spacious rooms, suites, and lofts are all decorated in the Danish tradition. Check out their Wine and Spa package, and all you’ll have to do is sit back and feel the love.
Elegant accommodations and award-winning cuisine make Ballard Inn & Restaurant one of the most sought after romantic bed and breakfast inns in the Santa Ynez Valley. With its gourmet cuisine, fine local wines, and comfortable guest rooms (many with fireplaces), you’ll be enveloped in a tranquil atmosphere that exudes romance. For an additional fee, they will sprinkle your room with gorgeous rose petals at bed turn-down, add a bottle of locally acclaimed Laetitia Sparkling Brut Cuvee, leave scrumptious chocolates on the pillows, lower the lights, and set the mood with soft music.
Does music put you in the mood? Then you won’t want to miss the ultimate crooner, Johnny Mathis, as he brings “The Voice of Romance Tour 2017” to Chumash Casino Resort on Thursday, February 9 at 8PM. One of the most beloved male vocalists of all time, Johnny Mathis is a legendary member of the Grammy Hall of Fame with a dozen gold or platinum albums. Come swoon to his lush, romantic vocal stylings on adult contemporary favorites including “Misty,” “It’s Not for Me to Say,” “Chances Are,” and more. And don’t miss the Casino’s “Sweetheart of A Deal BINGO Winnerfest” on Sunday, February 12 at 1pm. Sales start at 9am.
If it’s wine that does the trick, you’ll want to extend your stay over the President’s Day weekend and enjoy the 12th anniversary of “A Wine Fantasy In February,” from 2/17 through 2/20. Sponsored by the Santa Ynez Valley Wine Country Association, this is their most popular event of the year. On your self-guided tour, you’ll visit many small, family owned winery tasting rooms throughout the Santa Ynez Valley. It’s the one time of the year where you’ll get to taste reserve and estate wines, meet many of the winemakers and winery owners, and enjoy delicious cuisine along the way.
For more ideas, review our complete listing of things to do in Santa Ynez Valley, romantic Santa Ynez Valley restaurants, or check out our suggestions for Valentine’s Day activities below. We are thrilled to share the romance of the Santa Ynez Valley with visitors to our area.
Find the Love with Valentine’s Day Activities in the Santa Ynez Valley
Here are just a few Santa Ynez Valley Valentine’s ideas you and your partner will love:
- Valentine’s Day Winemaker Dinner: Saturday, February 11 from 6:00 – 9:00 pm at Sanford Winery. Enjoy a romantic evening of extraordinary wine and food in the majestic West Barrel Room. In honor of Valentine’s Day, winemaker Steve Fennell will guide you through a full course meal by Pure Joy Catering, and discuss Sanford Winery’s history, winemaking practices and estate wines.
- Tales From the Tavern: At Maverick Saloon in Santa Ynez on Wednesday, February 15 at 7:00 pm. Featuring Peter Malvey and Heather Maloney. Tales from the Tavern is an extraordinary concert series and community cultural program that brings together singer-songwriter-storytellers / authentic troubadours and an exceptional listening audience, in the intimate setting of an old roadhouse, to share in a journey of discovery through song and story.
- EROS DAY 2017: Celebrate with your love on EROS DAY 2017 with the Pre-Release of our 2015 EROS, Sunstone’s “Lovely” Bordeaux style Blend Saturday, February 11, from 11am-4 pm
- Ride and Wine: Enjoy unsurpassed views with a ranch and vineyard ride at Vino Vaqueros. The rolling hills set the stage for an unforgettable adventure. After your ride, make your way back to the barn and enjoy a glass of wine from Estelle Vineyards.
- Spend Time Together: Nothing says “I love you” more than spending time together. Explore our charming towns of Ballard, Buellton, Los Alamos, Los Olivos, Santa Ynez and Solvang. Discover that treasure you never thought you’d find – or perhaps never even dreamed of – at more than 200 independent and family-owned boutiques (chain stores are virtually non-existent). Experience local artisans’ wares, jewelry, apparel and crafts from contemporary to vintage. You’ll especially enjoy “Solvang Third Wednesday” on Wednesday, February 15. This is a special day to shop, eat, drink, and play in Solvang. More than 60 unique shops, restaurants, wine tasting rooms, activities and professional offices offer special sales and discounts every Third Wednesday.
You’ll also find plenty of romantic hideaway dinner locations in our quaint towns. And of course there are plenty of romantic walks, bicycle paths, picnic spots and outdoor activities where you can just relax together and talk…or whatever.
Happy Valentine’s Day from Visit Santa Ynez Valley!
About VisitSYV.com: Visit Santa Ynez Valley provides listings of the best Santa Ynez wineries, best places to eat in Solvang, Santa Ynez hotels and inns, and things to do in Santa Ynez Valley. Visit the website at www.VisitSYV.com for complete travel and visitor services. “Like” the Facebook page for ideas on planning Santa Ynez vacations. Email info@VisitSYV.com for help planning your next vacation in the Santa Ynez Valley.